Radio Free Skaro #393 – Flight Through Eternity
Posted on November 17, 2013
|With less than a week until “The Day of the Doctor”, the Two Who Rule (Warren and Steven, Chris was on assignment with UNIT) were positively giddy with anticipation for the 50th anniversary adventure to hit their eye bulbs in glorious 3D. But before that momentous event, the BBC released “The Night of the Doctor,” with a shocking appearance by Paul McGann! Lest you think that was the only treat for Whovians this week, a 2-minute clip from Day of the Doctor was also released in conjunction with Children in Need (which we will not discuss here, spoilerphobes), and various idents and other fripfrap also helped to fuel the hype machine. But, let’s be honest, what you’re really here for is our final Miniscope, this time with Richard Molesworth (author of a new book called “Robert Holmes: A Life in Words”) discussing the Phillip Hinchcliffe era. We’ve very much enjoyed doing these Miniscopes, and we hope you’ve enjoyed listening to them. And three lucky listeners won copies of Adventures with the Wife in Space, written by friend of the show (and last week’s guest!) Neil Perryman! Who were the winners? You’ll just have to listen to find out!
Radio Free Skaro #393 – Click here to listen!
– The Day of the Doctor…preview clip!
– The Night…of the Doctor!
– Steven Moffat talks about…The Night of the Doctor!
– Matt Smith BBC Ident…one!
– Matt Smith BBC Ident…two!
– The Day of the Doctor…Australian simulcast!
– The Day of the Doctor…New Zealand simulcast details!
– An Adventure in Space and Time…on UKTV in New Zealand!
– The Day of the Doctor…promo pics!
– An Adventure in Space and Time…promo pics!
– An Adventure in Space and Time…trailer!
– Doctor Who Live…After Party!
– An Evening with…Steven Moffat!
– The Day of the Doctor…DVD extras!
– The Enemy of the World and The Web of Fear…t-shirts!
– Silva Screen 50th Anniversary box set…track listing!
– Tom Baker an Lalla Ward…together again at Big Finish!
– Doctor Who: Legacy…mobile phone game!
– David Tennant and Billie Tyler…Radio Times poll winners!
– Philip Hinchcliffe
– Richard Molesworth
Check-in on GetGlue!]]>
Category: EpisodesTags: Adventures with the Wife in Space, An Adventure in Space and Time, Big Finish, Billie Piper, Broadcast, Contest, David Tennat, doctor who, Doctor Who Live: After Party, Dudley Simpson, DVD, Lalla Ward, Miniscope, Paul McGann, Philip Hinchcliffe, Radio Times, Richard Molesworth, Robert Holmes, Robert Holmes: A Life in Words, Silva Screen, Steven Moffat, T-Shirts, The Day of the Doctor, The Night of the Doctor, Tom Baker
Guys, this is 392.
Fixed now! Thanks!
Horrible news regarding the misfortunes of Robert Holmes’ family.That was just real sad and i’m sorry to hear it was so difficult.It absolutely demonstrated how necessary it was for somebody to document everything immediately and i’d like to thank Mr Molesworth for making sure it happened.I’m sure it’s a great book.Absolutely stoked for the impending experience of communal new Doctor Who on a cinema screen in 3D now.Two out of four performances at my local cinema are fully booked currently.I expect i’ll be remembering Mr Holmes when i see the Zygons again,for sure.Thanks.Really incidentally,i cannot be bothered acknowledging divisive,meaningless polls i wasn’t interested in participating in.Nothing to do with what this anniversary is supposed to be about, for me.